Unorthodox Crafts

Picture
Origami earrings in production
Yesterday I printed six sheets of new earring cards. As I was performing the mindless task of cutting them out - there are 10 cards per page -  I considered the fact that I had printed 100 cards not too long ago, and now they are nearly gone.  Although I do keep track of my sales month to month, my bookkeeping is more about the money than about how many earrings (or purses or cards) I have sold.  I make earrings in batches: I do a bunch of folding, then a bunch of gluing, then a bunch of painting (applying the water-resistant coating), then a bunch of assembly.  I don't count them as I make them.  I just re-fill my boxes, ensuring that I have a variety of colors and designs. I focus on the process, not the end result.  The numbers creep up gradually - I was amazed to realize that I had gone through 100 earring cards.

My stash of origami paper is another gauge of my production.  I buy paper from a variety of sources, in a variety of sizes.  Occasionally I buy a really large sheet: 24 x 18 inches. Working with pieces of paper as small as 3/4 x 3/4 inches, I am astounded that I ever use it up.  But last week I realized I was running low on some of my patterned paper.  Hmmm..... that is a lot of earrings!

I suppose I could look at my sales numbers every month and do the math to figure out how many pairs of earrings I have made.  But in some ways I enjoy not focusing on the numbersIt makes the mundane chore of printing and cutting earring cards more meaningful and fun.  And it prevents the process of making earrings from becoming a chore.  It's about creativity, not numbers.

Comments

11/30/2015 09:45

We knew that this an amazing and mega site for online buying and selling hand made products. If you have some experience and want to contribute this, then use there contact us page and save your time on making any deal.

03/30/2016 04:15

Any individual who tells you size doesn't make a difference is lying with regard to picking the best possible size painting for your home.

05/20/2016 00:57

Well agree with you and its not about number. Its about worth. Food selection is certainly a challenging job especially when we go to the shopping malls where we must make decisions of what to and not to buy.

08/19/2016 07:38

You are getting more skillful at your craft. It's rare to have a hobby that brings you profit. When you do something that you love or is passionate about, you don't consider it as work and so the outcome is much better. I really believe your talent will make you a successful business woman. When you already have your own store, you have to start taking the numbers seriously. Enrolling in a basic accounting course for none accountants would help you manage your finances. Also, enhancing your creativity by learning and studying new designs and other crafts that you can add to your items will give you more income opportunity.

08/23/2016 06:36

I am very happy for you to find the desired work... When your work making you happier what could you wish more?

The amazing thing about them is that they don’t build links in a single day as they schedule links building for seven days to obtain maximum results. They will give you report about you backlinks in an hour.

01/09/2017 00:12

Mozilla Firefox Collection contains multiple standalone versions of Mozilla Firefox, which can be used at the same time.

01/25/2017 05:48

Download Mobdro apk file below and start enjoying high quality video streaming from around the world.

02/14/2017 04:31

We are suggesting you to keep on visiting our site as we will give you the latest information all the time

02/23/2017 07:11

Movie Box App is one of the finest Movie streaming application for Android and iOS devices such as iPhone/iPad. Movie Box App Download is available to install Movie Box app on Android as well as on iPhone/iPad devices without any trouble.

05/08/2017 09:38

movies application, but it’s also an excellent service for the people who love to enjoy their time with the films. Yes, now you don’t have to worry about watching movies on your iOS or Android. I’m going to suggest you an application for this purpose; that is Movie box For Macbook Air application. this movies applications, you can see another trending and very popular app

05/12/2017 16:09

Download materials for free all ENGLISH TEST ESSAY writings reading speaking listening

06/13/2017 05:05

Tracking Axis bank credit card status details is easy now-a-days

06/15/2017 05:23

I am exceptionally glad for you to locate the coveted work. feel as you could presumably educate a class concerning how to deliver an incredible blog. It is incitement and matters of the brilliant future. It is associated and subsisted.

06/19/2017 02:50

If you contribute some amount to this sector, it will be helpful to achieve your retirement goals. The money which you have saved in this organization will be much useful in any emergencies

07/29/2017 15:12

Although this chat is relatively old, it was interesting to read ...

08/26/2017 05:57

An obligation of appreciation is all together to share this information. I genuinely like your post. One way to deal with fight the misery is to stir each day and consider what you are grateful for. You can find no short of what one thing to esteem each day. Mental research has shown that thankfulness is truly one of the keys to being chipper, so use this device remembering the true objective to create yourself well ordered. I consider my ability to energize vitality among men the best asset I have. The best way to deal with develop the best that is in a man is by thankfulness and support.