Unorthodox Crafts

Picture
For me, the hardest part of my business is marketing my products. I learned so much from the owner of one of the first shops we ever sold to. Caleb and I walked into the Kennebunkport shop with a plastic container piled full of loose earrings. We had no business cards or brochures, order forms or invoices. We had no real understanding of what we were doing. The very patient shop owner looked directly at us and said, "I love your product, but your presentation needs some work." So we went home and polished our presentation. We had good sales in this shop and the owner was nice enough to connect us with a sales rep. A few months later we received an order for 108 pairs of earrings from a store in Boothbay and our business suddenly became real! Sadly, the Kennebunkport shop closed a few years ago, but I will always owe a debt of gratitude to the owner who took the time to advise and teach us about the marketing end of the craft business.

The person I am "featuring" today is another shop owner who is the best promoter of my products and (perhaps more importantly) a good friend. Bonnie Brooks is a jewelry designer and owner of Bonnie's Place (http://www.bonniesplaceme.com/). This little shop is a hidden treasure well worth finding. Off the beaten path in Rockport, Bonnie's Place is filled with items handmade by Maine crafters and artists. Bonnie knows details about each product and its designer; she is the consummate saleswoman, who loves her job and it shows. The only thing she needs to improve upon is promoting her own products!! I feel blessed to have found Bonnie and will spend this weekend making more Forever Cards for her because she just keeps selling them! Check out her website and if you are in the Rockport area, stop in and visit with Bonnie - you will LOVE her and her shop!

Comments

11/25/2014 04:44

Thanks to a brilliant effort in publishing your Information. One can be more informative as this. There are many things I can know only after reading your wonderful Information.

05/23/2017 20:42

After achieving the above simple steps, am really certain you will get instantaneous free robux to your account. Do bear in mind that there may or might not be a review/survey to complete relying on the tool you have preferred to run.

08/07/2015 11:10

Yes, I have to agree that the marketing side can be a bit tricky for business owners. When I was a marketing student, I made sure I listened to my teachers and the school’s resource persons when there are special conferences and symposium. I believe I absorb as much and was able to apply the theories into practical application years after. To those who are starting their businesses, do not lose hope or be discouraged. Things will get better if you put your heart into what you are doing.

11/11/2015 09:54

The selection of the leather craft is something that needs to be done pretty much precisely. The wide range of options should be accounted for prior to finalizing the deal. Most of the people rate the leather crafts as something that can be helpful in the long run as well. Most of the people enjoy collecting the leather crafts that has indeed become the latest craze.

I'll visit Bonnie with pleasure ;)

02/12/2016 23:49

I was excited to discover this page. I want to to thank you for your time for this particularly wonderful read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it and I have you saved to fav to see new stuff on your blog.

02/16/2016 06:24

Let it be with someone new.

I think marketing is the way two or three positions itself in business. Showcasing chooses which heading it ought to go in the commercial center and brands the organization and in addition recognize the future clients. Numerous an organization have fizzled due to having no promoting arrangement or an insufficient one.

03/21/2016 10:14

Making friends is a very good habit and in business we do marketing and its is the hardest thing in business is marketing the products of business. I always not a good market person but I develop this art and able to become a good sales man.

03/30/2016 04:14

When painting abstract expressionism, there are no reasonable and exact standards for how to paint. A percentage of the best abstract works of art are achieved from basic 'oversights'.

04/16/2016 12:51

Friends and pals is so long distance between!

Well great ideas had here. I like it. So don’t feel like you are on top of the world because of the many degrees that you have. Thanks for share

Sure, marketing ain't easy at all.

06/30/2016 08:08

Do you promote yourself?

01/17/2017 04:24

framaroot apk

05/29/2017 13:15

To patent an idea is a dream come true for the inspiring inventor.

06/16/2017 07:03

The majority of you all are supposing to Download game killer application which is very impressive.But Still the greater part of the folks confronting issues while utilizing it.Exactly, Most of the Peoples simply download the application and they don't know how to effectively utilize it.

06/17/2017 02:21

On the off chance that you Are Searching for Download game Killer Application,At that point,you are at ideal Place.In This Guide,I will give you Download connection of Most recent Rendition of Game Killer Apk which you can use Without Establishing your Android Cell phone.This Game killer application is working splendidly on any Android Gadget.You can appreciate this apk on your Gadget for nothing.

07/05/2017 02:13

It feels really good to make friends on new places.

Informative article, just what I was looking for. Thank you so much for taking the time for you personally to share such a nice info.

09/27/2017 19:15

One must always include some daily activities or work out in their daily routine as it helps the person to stay fit.